When choosing what type of accessories you need for your sport, you need to choose the best option for your preferences. Consider the pros and cons of each accessory type before making a decision on which model is best for your game!
The top benefits of steel tip darts over soft tip darts!
First, we need to know the difference between steel tip darts and soft tip darts. What is the main difference and why do advanced users prefer choosing steel tip darts? Let’s see!
The type of dart you need is typically dependent on your personal preference, the type of dartboard, and the experience of the thrower. Steel tip darts have metal points and are typically used together with bristle dartboards, whereas soft tip darts are made of soft plastic and can be used on a plastic or electronic dartboard.
Beginners are usually confused when they see the different types of darts available to use in a bar – however, making the choice to use steel tip darts can typically lead to better results in the long run. Deciding on what type of dart is best for you depends on a lengthy selection process, however, and can influence your style of throwing.
Steel tip darts are the tried and true method of using darts. These darts have been used since the invention of the game during war-time competitions and have stuck around ever since. Therefore, steel tips are the preferred method for traditional athletes and avid dart throwers across the world.
Playing with steel tip darts instead of the soft tip provides numerous benefits:
- Steel tip darts allow for more accuracy due to the heavier construction and different weight distribution
- Steel tip darts have increased strength, meaning they are more durable and long-lasting than soft tip darts and you can keep them for longer periods.
- Steep tip darts ensure you will get your money out of what you spend – if you purchase soft tip darts, you may spend more on replacements than the actual darts.
- Finally, steel tip darts are the most traditional method used for playing darts. If you enjoy sticking true to the traditional aspects of the game of darts, choose this type of throwing method.
Can I use steel tip darts and soft tip darts?
For those who want to combine the modernity of soft tip with the tradition of steel tip darts, you should avoid using both. Not only can this harm your accuracy, but there are several other drawbacks of trying to switch back and forth between steel tip darts and soft tip.
- You will be throwing a much heavier steel tip dart instead of the lighter soft tip dart, meaning you need to get used to throwing safely and accurately.
- Plastic boards have a larger scoring area, like ones you may find in bars or someone’s house, so you will have to get used to a smaller scoring area on the bristle board with steel tip darts.
- The throw line for soft tips is farther away from the board when compared to using steel tip darts.
- The holes in the plastic board change the angle of how you throw and the accuracy of your throws.
Using steel tip darts is the best choice for advanced dart throwers who want an accurate throw, long-lasting accessory, and traditional option.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Last modified: July 17, 2021