A company secretary is mostly responsible for the efficient administration of a company. Also, the company secretary participates with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. Furthermore, a company secretary is a person who ensures that all the decisions taken by the board of directors are properly implemented. Join best Company Secretary Courses Online.
The role of a company secretary
- A company secretary guides the company through handling all the administrative jobs. Also, he or she works as a company advisor.
- The company secretary is responsible for the completion and timely submission of a company’s confirmation statements. Moreover, they are accountable for confirming all the statutory deadlines. Also, it is the duty of a company secretary to take over some responsibility if the company is limited by its company director.
- Being a company secretary, he or she has to let the company-related sources know of any changes in the company’s official details. Such details involve information about company shareholders and the company’s share capital, the directors’ details, and any other persons of significant control of the company and about the registered office address.
- The company secretary has to update the company statutory books to keep a record of any changes to the structure of the company. Additionally, the statutory book has information about the register of directors and the register of company members. This book is generally needed at the time of selling the company as a part of the transaction. Attempt CSEET mock test series for free.
- A company secretary also has to communicate with the shareholders to organize the important meeting and the company’s annual general meeting and all the other essential announcements.
- The company secretary is responsible for maintaining the security and accuracy of important company documents. It’s also his/her duty to sign legal documents on behalf of the company director, such as signing cheques and bank documents.
Toprankers offers Three stages of the company secretary course
This program can be pursued for company Secretary as a career after completing class 12. Hence, all the students of science, commerce, and arts can apply for this course.
The executive program is only for those candidates who wish to pursue a company secretary course after completing their graduation degree. Therefore, the students from commerce and science and any other field of graduation can apply for this course. But the students of fine arts are not eligible for this course.
The students from the executive program can pursue the professional program. Moreover, a candidate has to undergo a training period of fifteen months to gain practical knowledge.
Documents required for Company Secretary Registration
Before applying for the course, there are some necessary things a candidate needs to consider. Although the registration procedure is completely conducted online, a candidate must possess hard copies of the documents. Therefore, for the registration process, a candidate will require:
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
- Date of Birth certificate
- 10th pass certificate
- Roll number on the 10+2 certificate
- 12th passing certificate and mark sheet
- Category certificate ( SC/ ST or person with a disability)
Your file formats must be in jpg, jpeg, png, gif, and bmp, etc. The size of the student photos must be between 20kb to 50kb. Also, the signature of the candidate should be between 10Kb to 20Kb. But, all the other file sizes must not exceed 5Mb.
The subjects included in the Company Secretary Course
The Company Secretary Foundation Program course generally includes four core subjects. They are:
- Business Environment and Entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
- Business Management Ethics and communication
- Business Economics
The Company Secretary Executive Program includes two core modules. Those are:
- Module 1: This module includes company law, cost and management accounting, economic and commercial laws, and tax laws.
- Module 2: This module is consists of company accounts and auditing practices, capital markets and securities laws, Industrial, labour, and general laws.
The Company Secretary Professional Program includes three core modules. Those are:
- Module 1: This module includes Advanced Company Law And Practice, Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management, And Due Diligence, Corporate Restructuring, Valuation, and Insolvency.
- Module 2: This module consists of Information Technology And Systems Audit, Financial, Treasury And Forex Management, Ethics, Governance, and Sustainability.
- Module 3: This module contains subjects about Advanced Tax Laws and Practice, Drafting, Appearances, and Pleading.
By taking up this professional course, a candidate can achieve a professional designation after the completion of the course. Therefore, being a company secretary, a candidate with versatility and flexibility gets to interact with higher authorities.
(Visited 3 times, 3 visits today)