Simply put, remote computer support is for any business that does not yet have its own IT department. If your business is not fully staffed in one location that can still be immediately reached by this internal team, then you are better off by a remote computer support service which can get to your staff where they are located. It could mean saving you a lot of time and money, especially if you have a problem with a piece of hardware or software. Remote IT support can also allow your team to be ready to go very quickly in the event of a problem instead of having to call everyone to a conference room to figure out what to do.
- One thing that tends to make remote computer support services different from traditional in-house IT support services is the fact that the technicians are on site. In a traditional setting, the technician would be on site twenty four hours a day seven days a week. With a managed IT service however, that technician is not always on site twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. A virtual desktop interface between the IT service provider and your company’s network allows them to access the equipment, configure it and then make any other changes they need. They are not tied down to any one piece of hardware. This is very important to businesses that are spread out over a considerable area.
- Another difference between an in house IT service provider and a remote computer support service is the remote desktop access feature. With in house IT services, technicians usually have to use their office space or other out of the way locations in order to access all of your computers. They also might not know everything about your hardware, so they cannot troubleshoot problems that come up. With remote desktop access, your technician can troubleshoot problems on your desktop from anywhere, at any time. This is an extremely valuable service for small businesses that might be on the verge of expanding, but might find remote access to their network essential in order to properly expand their business.
- With most remote tech support services, there are several ways in which they can contact you if they have any questions. When you hire a service like this, they can use the phone, chat or even email you. You can specify what types of information you would prefer and the remote technician will do their best to work with you to get you the answers you need. You have the final say on what information they are allowed to look at on your system and you never have to share any of it with anyone else. That is a huge advantage when you think about how much money can be saved by using these services.
- When you use remote technical support for your small business, you will still have someone onsite for emergency situations. The primary difference is that they will be located in another part of the country or even another city. Instead of having someone come out to you to diagnose a problem or provide support, the technician will be able to see your computer and all of its files over the internet. In some cases, all he has to do is open up the system and run diagnosis tools that let him see all the problems he finds. He can then provide you with a list of recommended fixes that he is able to do on his own. By providing this help remotely, small businesses are saving money because they won’t have to pay for hotel accommodations for a technician that doesn’t live close enough to visit them.
- When you hire a company like this to provide you with these services, it can also save you a great deal of money. Remote services that are provided by companies like this tend to be very cost effective. Instead of hiring a technician and paying him a substantial sum of money to come to your location, you can simply purchase the tools you need to repair your system. The technician won’t have to buy any equipment or tools to provide you with remote on-site support. As a matter of fact, he won’t have to get anything at all until you give him an order.
- On top of being very cost effective, remote support solutions that utilize the internet are also very easy to use. You don’t need to be particularly tech savvy in order to figure out how to use most of these services. You simply need to follow a few simple steps, such as explaining the problem you have with your computer and then filling out the online forms that most services offer. With very little training, anyone can make use of these services in order to solve the problem.
The Bottom Line
All in all, remote consulting can end up being a very beneficial move for your small business. By eliminating the costs of hiring a technician and purchasing the tools necessary to fix your computer system, remote consulting services allow you to focus on running your business more efficiently. The best part is,Technical Action Group can provide the services you need while saving you money at the same time. In the end, remote consulting may just be the perfect solution for your business.
(Visited 4 times, 4 visits today)