in

Prince Charles Coronavirus: How William and Harry discovered their father had COVID-19 | Royal | News

ITV News royal correspondent Chris Ship revealed in a tweet that the future King of England had called both his sons to break the news to them. Mr Ship wrote in a post: “Prince Charles has spoken to both his sons. “William in Norfolk and Harry in Canada.”

The last time that William and Harry saw their father was at the Commonwealth service at Westminster Abbey on March 9.

Both princes are now with their families in lockdown, as they seek to ride out the coronavirus pandemic.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have moved from Kensington Palace in London to their country home, Anmer Hall, with their three children.

Meanwhile, Harry and Meghan are safely installed at their home on Vancouver Island, alongside their baby son, Archie.

On Wednesday, Clarence House revealed that the Duke of Cornwall had tested positive for COVID-19 and was self-isolating along with the Duchess of Cornwall, who tested negative for the virus.

A spokesman for the Prince said that he was displaying mild symptoms “but otherwise remains in good health”.

A Clarence House statement read: “In accordance with government and medical advice, the prince and the duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

“The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, where they met the criteria required for testing.

JUST IN: Princess Beatrice named ‘unluckiest princess in the world’

It is thought that Charles and Camilla will now remain in Scotland for at least the next couple of weeks, while he recovers from his symptoms.

A spokesman for Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he had been informed about the prince’s positive test result on Tuesday morning and he wished him “a speedy recovery”.

The spokesman added the PM’s weekly audience with the Queen was now taking place by telephone.

News of Charles’ infection was not greeted by sympathy from everyone.

Many people were angry that Charles had travelled to Scotland and flouted strict government rules on avoiding all unnecessary travel.

In particular, the heir to the throne was accused of helping to spread the deadly coronavirus.

Renowned Scottish sports reporter Derek Rae wrote on Twitter: “As with everyone who has COVID-19, wishing Prince Charles a speedy recovery.

“But it’s perfectly legitimate to question why he and advisors thought it wasn’t reckless to decamp to Balmoral this past weekend, at a time when Scottish govt advice (or common sense) said otherwise.”

Another posted: “Why does Prince Charles think it’s ok to have Covid-19 and decide to TRAVEL BY RAF HELICOPTER TO BALMORAL?

“RAF staff and Balmoral staff are at risk. Thanks for bringing the virus to Aberdeen!”

What do you think?

391 points
Upvote Downvote

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

U.S. One-month Three-month Treasury Yields Fall below Zero

Wolverhampton Wanderers hooligan spotted in posh seats at Premier League match despite being barred from football ground