Are you having a baby or expecting a baby? Congratulations on the little one in your life. For babies, extra care is always required. They need extra care, extra nourishment with extra love. They have sensitive, soft, and smooth skin. So, a good body lotion for them is necessary for sure. They do not have skin like us. So, they can’t use the same body lotion as us. There are a lot of questions, and the answers are with us. Here below are the solutions to your questions.
As thinner lotions do not get easily absorbed, always choose the baby lotion with a good absorbency rate. With 7% lipids, Sebamed baby lotion is an easily absorbed emollient. The lotion does not get absorbed quickly and stays on the surface for a long time.
A Baby’s skin can expand rapidly as it allows it to grow and develop. Anything you put on their skin is absorbed into their bloodstream relatively quickly as a result of their baby skin.
Things to avoid while buying lotion for baby:
Ensure that you know the ingredients used in baby lotion because some ingredients or chemicals can prove harmful to their skin.
- Parabens: Any ingredient used that lasts with parabens must be avoided. This group of chemicals is used mainly to preserve skincare products like baby lotions. This ingredient has been shown to have estrogen-mimicking properties, which can cause skin issues for your baby.
- Polythene Glycol: Ingredients having names like myreth, Laureth, oleth, ceteareth, PEG, polyethylene, polyethylene glycol, polyoxyethylene, oxynole, etc. must be avoided as they are synthetically ethoxylated. Products using these ingredients are classified as potential human carcinogens. So, it’s always better to stay away from products using these ingredients.
- Propylene Glycol: This is an ingredient that you will find in any store-bought hair dyes to many natural deodorants or perfumes. It is a thickening agent to be used in skin-care products. However, it is proved to be safe for our skin by the FDA. But some of that is used de-ice aeroplanes can left-off your baby’s skin.
- Fragrance: Usually, they don’t write phthalates in the ingredients list. Instead of it, they disguise us by writing fragrance or perfume. There are no natural fragrances used in any skincare products such as rose, lavender, etc. Those are chemicals that are used for a nice smell. Phthalates have proven to have estrogenic properties that can cause hormone imbalance in the body.
What to look at while choosing a baby lotion :
Some points need to be focused on while buying the best baby lotions. There are even many natural products that are available on the market. But you have to know about the skin type of your baby. Is it dry, sensitive, or what? And buy according to that.
- Avoid using products that have written water ingredients that are used as a preservative.
- Look for ingredients like shea butter or coconut oil. They have properties or ingredients like butter and oil that are so good in moisturising skin and help to relieve itchy and dry skin.
- Have some unscented lotions for your baby. If possible, have some naturally scented products having mild fragrance. In case your baby is sensitive to scented products, then just avoid using scented lotions. S0, first try a little on a small patch of their skin.
- The less list of ingredients is always good—the massive the list, the massive chemicals used in the product. So seek out some lotions which have fewer ingredients used.
When should you start using baby lotions:
In the early months, when your baby starts to develop an immune system, you can go for baby lotion. You can use the mildest cleanser or baby lotion for their dry and itchy skin.
How to take care of a baby’s itchy and dry skin:
You can soothe your baby’s skin by using some home ingredients. Have some lotions but besides that, use some home remedies to take care of their dry skin.
- Bath oils: You can add two to three drops of baby-safe oil to their bathwater. It can soothe your baby’s dry and itchy skin.
- Skip bath: Honestly, infants don’t need to bathe regularly as they do not get dirty easily. So, you can skip their bath sometimes. Else you can wash off them using a towel that is wet with warm water.
- Coconut Oil: This the best thing to being chosen to moisturise the skin on anyone. Coconut oil is natural as well as it is so safe. It avoids any type of chemicals and fragrances. It is best for itchy and dry skin. So, try to apply it to the baby’s skin.
So, parents or parent-to-be here above are all the necessary information about baby lotions. You can go through it and buy according to your baby’s skin type. And have happy parenthood.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Last modified: February 24, 2021